Saturday, March 26, 2011

Nice vintage General Electric "Triple Whip" portable mixer

You don't see one of these every day. I picked this up at a sale in Oakland a few weeks ago and think it is one of the coolest mixers I've ever seen! What is neat about this is that you can take the mixer off the stand and hand held commando with it AND it has THREE beaters!

The GE Portable Mixer in all its' splendor

Even came with the original recipe book and manual

I have never seen a mixer with THREE beaters!





3 comments:

  1. Is this mixer for sale? I have my mom's, bought new in 1945 approximately, but the bowls are long broken. Hers was used daily and I'd love to have this for the bowls, extra beaters and motor in the stand (hers is burned out)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it took me so long to respond. This was sold long ago at my annual garage sale. It was pretty neat. FYI you can easily replace the motor brushes in these for under $10 and it will work for another 60 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me for "eavesdropping", but I have a large white bowl for this mixer. Please let me know if you are still in need , Mrs. Malia and Mrs. Baker.

    ReplyDelete